Wednesday, April 20, 2011

History of Mystifyed Live part 1

History of Mystifyed Live part 1

The answer to the #MystifyerTrivia Question: "What Month and what year did the first episode of Mystifyed Live air?" is really a origin story so here it is...

The first time I conceived the idea of including a live web cam feed on the website was July 2009. The original idea was to broadcast street magic as I performed. But I was far from the first episode.

In December of 2009 the old Website was completely redesigned into the current design over the course of one weekend. This new design along with the new features allowing to finally stream live footage on the website. The new design was officially launched March 1st 2010.

Within a few weeks I made my first attempt at a live broadcast...it failed. basically someone for got to hit the button that made it go live. I attempted again one week later still in March of 2010 but this time it aired...badly. The web cam was very poor quality and the wireless signal was weak resulting in a show that looked more like a narrated slide show. After two failed attempts I put off the idea of doing a live feed.

Then in August of 2010 My producer and I decided to resurrect the idea of the live feed to announce publicly that we were going to be working together. We advertised on Twitter and The Magic Network that I was going to be making a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.

On September 4th 2010 we made our big announcement. The web traffic and site membership soared due to the live announcement. We quickly made plans to start airing live streams from the site on a regular basis. We still didn't have a name yet, We were not sure what direction to take the show but we seemed to have stumbled onto something that captured the attention of the audience. Thus was born the Mystifyed Live show...

Stay tuned for Part two of the History of the Mystifyed Live show.

No comments:

Post a Comment